With the increasing popularity of property as an investment in the United Kingdom, the existing estate agents are coming under attack in every direction. Every day, yet another new agency is entering the market to compete for a piece of the lucrative real estate market.
So, it is very important that you differentiate yourself and your estate agency business from the others. Marketing yourself and your business in the correct manner is a vital tool in this race. You must recognise that you must make time to create and implement a marketing strategy instead of getting bogged down with the day-to-day activities.
The good news is that you could achieve great results easily by following a few simple steps as an estate agent. The following are some ideas to help with this process:
Marketing yourself as an estate agent
- You should first remember that increasing your personal network is incredibly important. Getting in touch with more and more people will help you in building a strong network over a period of time. Organize some formal and informal meetings in your neighborhood so that you are able to create your reputation and make yourself known. Try to learn more about your potential clients as well.
- It is also important that people remember you and they can associate with your business. Including your picture in all your letters, emails and other traditional marketing collateral, such as the business cards, will help with this. Your potential clients will, then, know who you are and what your business stands for even if they have never met you in person before.
- Try and offer some of the key gifts to your clients so that you can win over them and make them hire your services. Offering them small gifts will help you in promoting yourself as an estate agent. Ideally, choose items that your clients could use on a daily basis, such as a good quality pen or a bottle opener. The more times they use your gift, the more they will remember you.
- Consider offering your clients some referral bonus. For example, for any new business that you successfully acquire based on their recommendation, you can offer your clients vouchers, hampers, etc. This way they know that they will be financially rewarded for referring you new business.
- Look for partnerships with other types of businesses. For example, contact the local train station for advertising opportunities as they have thousands of people going through the station every day. Or, advertise at the local gym.
These are some of the crucial things that you should remember in regard to marketing yourself as a popular estate agent. It is very important to look out for different options and ideas.